Dessert in minutes! This healthy Raw Orange Chocolate Pudding is fast and easy, yet very rich and chocolatey. Dairy-free, vegan, oil-free & nut-free.
Sometimes you need (want!) dessert in minutes.
This Raw Chocolate Pudding is from LTEV. It’s rich and delicious, made with whole foods, and can literally be prepared in minutes!
Bit of background on this pudding… When I first experimented with avocado in chocolate puddings, I could taste the avocado. Have you had that experience?
Yes, the avocado made it incredibly creamy and thick, and yes, it was healthy. But the avocado flavor was too prominent for me, even in the chocolate base.
So, I played with this recipe and realized that the addition of fresh orange juice improved the flavor profile immensely. Orange and chocolate pair beautifully together anyway. In this raw orange chocolate pudding the orange flavor comes forward with the cocoa muting the avocado flavor. Result? A delicious, chocolatey, creamy, dreamy, thick vegan chocolate pudding – that’s also good for you!
Enjoy! x Dreena
Raw Orange Chocolate Pudding
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped out (or 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup peeled pitted, and roughly chopped ripe avocado (about 1 large or 1 1/2 medium avocado)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup raw or regular cocoa powder
- 1 tsp orange zest zest orange first and then juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt don’t omit, balances flavors
- In a food processor (or using the Blendtec twister jar, if you have it), puree all ingredients. Puree until very, very smooth, stopping processor to scrape down several times throughout processing. This pudding is very thick. If you’d like to thin it, you can do so with more orange juice, or a splash of nut milk or water. Serve or store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Love this pudding? Also try this recipe!